Kalamata not only is blessed with some of the most gorgeous Mediterranean landscape but also offers some of the most beautiful beaches and coasts. The city has been built harmoniously between the Messinian Gulf and among the slopes of Taygetos. A mountain that literally touches the sea. The bay of Kalamata and the surrounding coast is an area of outstanding natural beauty where you can experience it with the unique way from the seat of a Sea Kayak.
This trip is suitable for everybody but ideal for families and kids. We keep the pace relaxed, take a few breaks ensuring everybody is having a great time at the sea. Before departure, your guide will introduce you to the kayaks and equipment. You will learn an easy paddling technique that will help you enjoy the experience. During the trip this relaxing journey along the coastline east of Kalamata we’ll get a chance to see the city from a distance. We will enjoy the friendly Messinian gulf paddling next to scenic harbors, spectacular cliffs and secret coves with sandy beaches. We may be lucky enough to witness wildlife such as the famous Caretta Caretta sea turtle. As you glide through the water you will soon realize how easy and effortless kayaking is. In spots with the most beautiful water, we shall take not miss the chance for swimming, snorkeling and hunt for shells. Halfway we shall make another break to relax and taste a delicious picnic of freshly baked bread, organic, garden-grown fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese. After lunch, we shall paddle back to the starting point to end a journey you will remember for a long time.
- Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles & snorkels)
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Transfer from the exit point to entry point (if necessary).
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.