The bear watching takes place late in the afternoon, starts around 5 PM - 6 PM*, and lasts for about 5 hours. It is available from Monday to Sunday from May to early October. As of April, the bears near Brasov start to get out of hibernation, as the weather gets warmer to chances to see the bears are increasing considerably.
* The availability and starting times may vary depending on the season. If you want to go bear-watching before May, please contact us to see if it's possible.
In the afternoon, your guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Brasov
After a 1 hour 30 min drive, you will arrive at the meeting point with the forest ranger.
After a short briefing, we will drive for another 5-6 kilometers through the forested valley.
Once arrived at the bear hide, wait quietly until the bears arrive at the site
Once they are there, feel free to take photos or videos with these wild animals. Your guide will explain interesting facts about the wildlife in Romania but if you have any questions, please ask your guide.
Sometimes, wild boars and even wolves have been spotted near the bear hide, so it's very important to be as quiet as possible.
Just before darkness falls, you will go back to the car and your guide will drop you off at your accommodation in Brasov.
Bears have a very sensitive smell so please don't bring any kind of food or snacks. Also, please don't use perfume or other scents.
Dress adequately. Wear sturdy shoes and don't wear brights colors.
During the activity don't use flash or any other lights, as these might scare the animals. Please turn off your camera's focus assist light.
Bears are dangerous and unpredictable wild animals. Please don't try to feed them or act like they are pets. In case you encounter one avoid eye contact, don't try to run or climb into trees and listen to the forest ranger's advice.
• The bear watching takes place late in the afternoon, starts around 5 PM – 6 PM and it lasts for about 5 hours. It is available from Monday to Saturday from May to early October.
• We drive to a forest situated 1 hour away from Brașov and walk to a specially designed bear hide.
• Wait quietly for the bears to arrive.
• Usually, the bears arrive just minutes after you get there but on rare occasions, the animals might be there already, so please keep quiet and don’t scare them.
• Take photos and learn interesting facts about the lives of these animals.
• Sometimes it is possible to see other animals too: wild boars, deer, lynx or even wolves.
• Get back to the cars and leave the area just before darkness falls.
Not wheelchair accessible
Bears have a very sensitive smell so please don’t bring any kind of food or snacks. Also, please don’t use perfume or other scents.
Dress adequately. Wear sturdy shoes and try to avoid brights colours.
During the activity don’t use flash or any other lights, as these might scare the animals. Please turn off your camera’s focus assist light.
Bears are dangerous and unpredictable wild animals. Please don’t try to feed them or act like they are pets. In case you encounter one bear in the forest avoid eye contact, don’t try to run or climb into trees and listen to the forest ranger’s advice.
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.