Kalamata is the southern city of Greece's mainland and combines a unique coastline along with the imposing views of mount Taygetos. The land of the famous black olives is offering a majestic and diverse coastline, combine it with the usual calm conditions and you have the ideal opportunity for paddling. Our SUP & Snorkel trip here is a super fun experience suitable for everybody, combining Paddleboarding and Snorkeling along the tranquil coast of Kalamata.
We meet at Archontiko beach, a few kilometers south of Kalamata. After a short introduction to stand up paddleboarding where you will learn the basic paddling techniques, how to turn, stop and stand up until you grow confident on your board, we are ready to go. Starting at a slow pace, we shall practice our skills, stop occasionally to enjoy magnificent the landscape and take pictures. The perspective from a Paddleboard is unique, giving the paddler a different perception of the water where it is common to see the fish and sea turtles swimming below the surface. In addition, the view from on top of the water is equally impressive. The beauty of the diverse coastline is stunning and offers endless spots in hidden coves to swim and play around. We take a break at the spot we like the most for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling. The warm sea and the crystal clear water are turning snorkeling into the most fun and enjoyable thing to do. A delicious picnic is also scheduled during our relaxing time, sourced from farm-fresh, local producers carefully prepared by your guide.
- Super stable and easy to paddle Paddleboards
- Full SUP equipment: paddle, life jacket, leash, dry bags
- Snorkeling equipment: goggles & snorkels
- Land and water-based Paddleboarding instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) trip leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.