The magnificent mountain range Serra de Collserola rises up over Barcelona Metropolitan Area. It is almost touching the city. For the huge population that lives around these mountains, it forms a much-loved and incredibly valuable natural area and a great privilege to enjoy. Collserola is a well-preserved natural area – 22 times bigger than Central Park in New York. Though forest predominates it includes a variety of other plant formations that provide a habitat for valuable biological diversity as well.
Our tour tip: Nature Walk from Barcelona-Collserola to Sant Cugat
• Walk through the natural park to the city of Sant Cugat.
• Approximately 3-4 hours of walking (mostly downhill)
• Enjoy beautiful views over Barcelona
• Discover ruins and medieval chapels along the old Roman road
• Learn more about the Monastery of Sant Cugat
• Reward yourself in a local tapas bar with great food and Sangria
• Return by train to Barcelona
Stop At: Plaça de Catalunya
We will meet outside Café Zurich at Plaça Catalunya.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Torre de Collserola, Barcelona, Catalonia
We will go up the Tibidabo mountain range by public transport and then start walking. We will pass by the iconic telecom tower of Barcelona.
Pass By: Ermita de Sant Medir, Sant Cugat del Valles, Catalonia
We will pass by ancient chapels.
Stop At: Museu de Sant Cugat - Museu del Monestir, Sant Cugat del Valles, Catalonia
The ancient monastery of Sant Cugat used to be the most important one in the whole region during medieval times.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Ferrocarrils De La Generalitat De Catalunya
We will take back the train to Barcelona.
Pass By: Plaça de Catalunya
We will return to our starting point.
Thank you for submitting your review
A combined tour with average walking and some local transportation. Saw some very interesting places but most of all panoramic views and lush nature. Wear good hiking boots and comfortable clothes. Our group leader was very helpful and accommodating. Grateful for the ride back!!
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.