Estancia Harberton was founded in 1886 by Thomas Bridges, an English orphan who traveled to the islands of the south hemisphere with his missionary adopted family.
This pre-booked ticket to the museum includes a guided walking tour through the facilities of the Estancia and its parks. Also, you will be able to visit the Acatushun Bird and Marine Mammal Museum.
Located 85 km from the City of Ushuaia, it can be accessed by land or by sea. Estancia Harberton is the oldest farm in the Argentine Province of Tierra del Fuego. Founded in 1886 by Thomas Bridges, an English orphan who traveled to the islands of the south hemisphere with his missionary adopted family. Declared a National Historic Monument in 1999, the estancia maintains its original architecture, with wooden buildings covered with corrugated iron, its gardens and stone terraces. Originally operating with sheep (for wool) and cattle (for meat), Harberton also had the first warehouse that imported goods for the entire south of Tierra del Fuego. Today the estancia only has bovine cattle and it is open to the public only during spring and summer from October 15th to March 31th.
The entrance fee includes:
• Guided walking tour of the homestead, a National Historical Monument, which includes the Park (the first Nature Reserve of Tierra del Fuego), the old shearing shed, the carpentry shop, the boat house (which houses the oldest boat built in Tierra del Fuego) and the beautiful main house garden.
• Guided tour of the singular Acatushun Bird and Marine Mammal Museum. Here you will see life size sub-aquatic representations of sea life, and part of the extensive collection of skeletons gathered by Dr. Natalie Goodall and her students, along the Fuegian shores. During your visit you can also enjoy (not included)
• Acawaia Restaurant: Settled top a hill overlooking the homestead, the restaurant opens its doors to the public every day from 12 to 15 hs. With its unique view of the farm and the Beagle Channel, you are invited to try typical farm and regional meals.
• The Tea House: Built in part of the original main house and open from 9.30 to 19 hs, the Tea House offers traditional family cakes, like rhubarb, chocolate, apple, lemon or cinnamon; scones, and home-made cookies.
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.