Koroni is a lovely seaside town, crowned by an imposing Venetian fortress, which dominates the hilltop. This town is unique and captivating at the same time, a harbor well-sheltered which is home to a number of fishing boats. The coastline beneath the castle is a favored nesting site for the sea turtle Caretta caretta. Sea kayaking in Koroni offers amazing views of the town, the fortress and the spectacular cliffs around them only visible from the sea.
Our trip starts from the sandy Zaga beach near Koroni. Before departure, your guide will brief you on trip details, kayak paddling techniques, and safety measures. Soon we get into our kayaks and begin a coastal exploration at a relaxed paddling pace. We shall glide with our kayaks into crystal clear waters near the imposing walls of the castle overlooking the town amphitheatrically built over the hill.
Heading north we navigate our kayaks through rock gardens and reefs offering shelter to sea life. We may be lucky enough to witness wildlife such as the famous Caretta Caretta sea turtle swimming under our kayak. We carry on paddling near imposing white chalk cliffs and discover hidden coves with some of the finest gold sanded beaches of the region.
Halfway we make a relaxing stop at a sandy beach for swimming, snorkeling and to taste a delicious picnic with freshly baked bread organic, garden-grown fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese. Once we finish lunch we paddle back to the starting point to end a relaxing paddling day on the coasts of Koroni.
Please note: This tour does not include hotel pick up and drop off service. This means that you will have to arrange your transfer on your own in order to reach the designated meeting point and start the tour.
- Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles & snorkels)
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.