On the tour route Alentejo coast we go through the Lisbon to Troia, Mirobriga, Sines, Porto Covo and Vila Nova de Milfontes.
On this tour we will see a little of the history of Portugal and magnificent landscapes.
- Roman ruins of Troy - In this place there was an aggregate population dedicated to fishing in the manufacture and export of canned fish, ran from the first century to the sixth century AD - The preserves were exported to the rest of the Roman Empire.
- Miróbriga - Ancient Roman settlement located in Santiago do Cacém. Miróbriga ruins are referenced from the sec. XVI, lying deployed in an area of excellence in agricultural resources, maritime, mining, representing a major commercial role in the Iron Age until the sec. IV AD, by the location.I can still see a spa, and residential buildings.
- The story of Sines back at least to Roman times. As vestiges including a pedestal to Mars and a factory of fish salting. In sec. XIII and XIV the village developed around its harbor. In 1362 Pedro I granted the charter letter the village. The castle that exists today was started after this charter letter.Today Sines is one of the most important commercial ports in the country and fishing.
- Porto Covo is one of the parishes of Sines, which until a few years was a well pacada fishing village, but because of its beautiful beaches and through a beautiful song became better known not only by the Portuguese, but for many that Come to Portugal.
- Vila Nova de Milfontes is on the banks of the River Mira. The human presence in the region dates back to the Paleolithic. We had Roman and Moorish occupation in the respective periods. This has been a fishing village in 1801 to have a low population occupation lost the title of county seat being ttached to neighboring council - currently Odemira. In the sixteenth to eighteenth by frequent pirate attacks in the region, it was built the fort of St. Clement Castelo de Milfontes)
Thank you for submitting your review
Lots of Roman-era ruins of cities and settlements. A beautiful ride along the coast south of Lisbon. Worth visiting because of the multitude of ancient civilizations represented. Excellent service by driver who helped with his knowledge of the area.
Manage your booking online!
Full refund on most activities prior 24h!
* You might be asked to show Passport or ID card
at the beginning of the activity.