Take a journey from the city to the beautiful Highlands of Scotland. Enjoy a full day exploring the Scottish Highlands, taking in the atmospheric scenery of Glencoe and Rannoch Moor. Visit Urquhart Castle, take a Jacobite boat cruise across Loch Ness, and end your day in the picturesque highland village of Pitlochry.
From Glasgow, our Loch Ness tour will travel north, before making a refreshment stop on the shores of Loch Lomond. Traveling the length of the loch, we climb up into the Highlands, over the unique, dramatic landscape of Rannoch Moor and the Black Mount to majestic Glencoe, one of Scotland's most haunting glens, site of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonald clan.
Continuing via Loch Linnhe, our Loch Ness tour will stop in the Fort William area for lunch then continue into the natural beauty of the Great Glen as we pass beneath Britain's highest mountain. Traveling on, we admire the Caledonian Canal, and the pretty village of Fort Augustus, enjoying spectacular views of Loch Ness.
Loch Ness, 24 miles long and 700 feet deep is most famous for its sightings of the Loch Ness Monster, affectionately known as Nessie. Spend approximately 2 hours at Loch Ness, where you can choose to take a wonderful cruise across the loch.
Passing through Inverness, Capital of the Highlands, our Loch Ness tour will start its return for home, crossing the Grampian Mountains and the woodland scenery of Perthshire, including the Forest of Atholl, with an evening refreshment stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, en route back to Glasgow where our Loch Ness tour ends.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (choose one;)
Urquhart Castle (30 – 45 mins) + Loch Ness cruise at 14:30 (30 mins) – £19 adult, £15 child
Drop off at Clansman Hotel for Loch Ness cruise (1 hour) – £13.50 adult, £12.50 child
Live commentary on board
Modern, air-conditioned coach
Digital Translations available to Download
Please ensure you bring your own face covering. Face coverings are mandatory in Scotland and will not be provided.
We recommend bringing:
· comfortable walking shoes
· waterproof jacket
· cold packed lunch (some food stops may be busy in the peak season and this will save more time for sightseeing)
· cash (ATM machines are limited in the remote Highlands)
...and don't forget your camera!
· Minimum age is 4 years
· Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
· Collapsible wheelchairs can be stored on board the coach
· Service animals allowed
· Near public transportation
· If booster seat is required, please request at the time of booking
· Confirmation will be received at time of booking
· You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Thank you for submitting your review
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.