Start your private experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the Amsterdam region (incl. Schiphol airport, Haarlem and Utrecht).
The first stop of the day is Edam, a quaint, red-roofed village in the aptly named region of Waterland. With its rich history, Edam has more to offer than just cheese! What began as a settlement of farmers and fishermen in the 12th century, developed into a prosperous town well into the 17th century. Shipbuilding and cheese were important for this development.
Upon arrival, start with a guided walking tour. After the tour, you have some personal time for your own explorations, before travelling overland to Volendam.
Here you set off on a guided stroll through the quaint streets and enjoy the view of the small houses, canals and drawbridges. This fishing village has preserved centuries of tradition. Enjoy some personal time before making the transfer back to your drop-off address.
Please note: This tour includes hotel/airport pick up and drop off service. You can select the pick up place of your preference from the list or select the "I'll type the address (next step)" message and write the name and address of your hotel in the relevant field during the booking process.
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in the region
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Edam: 45-min live-guided walking tour in English
• Volendam: 1-hr live-guided walking tour in English
• Water & apples
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Unique opportunity to escape mass tourism
Accessible for foldable wheelchairs
Accessible for strollers
Complimentary use of infant / child car seat
Tour will be tailored to your preferences and interests
Pick-up & drop-off anywhere in the Amsterdam region and surrounding villages and towns
Thank you for submitting your review
Got picked up at a suggested point by a very friendly driver/escort. Just a short ride away from Amsterdam those two picturesque villages with their pretty stone-paved streets and winding canals. Volendam is a quaint fishing village with an old harbor and traditional houses. Lunch was fresh fish and chips!!
Free amendments & cancellations.
Manage your booking online!
* ID card might be needed to be shown at the beginning of the activity.
* All payments are taking place through Encrypted Technology for security.